What about datasets that are not in the CSI, e.g., CPAC.*?

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Kurt J. Quackenbush <ku...@us.ibm.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2021 3:21 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Serverpac installs January 2022 and beyond - Issues Updated

> I too ordered V2.5 in the "window" where you still have a choice on
> custompac dialogs or z/OSMF.   I opted to go custompac one more time.
>
> I do echo Terri's sentiments that there should be a way to mostly
> seed a new z/OSMF instance whether there is a utility that reads the
> last saved custompac config or somehow scans your sysres.

That is exactly what z/OSMF offers!  You can "model" your installation
configuration on your existing installed software.  For example when
installing z/OS 2.5, simply define your existing z/OS 2.4 (or 2.3) as a
Software Instance.  (Use the Software Instance -> Add action, specify the
global zone CSI, select the target zones from that global, and that's it!)
 During the deployment you can select this Software Instance as your model
and z/OSMF will analyze your DDDEF entries in your existing CSI to
determine your desired data set names and match them up with the new
software as much as possible.

Honestly, we did try to help you avoid a bunch of changes in the
configuration.  Perhaps we need to advertise it more, but the Model
function is your friend.

Kurt Quackenbush -- IBM, z/OS SMP/E and z/OSMF Software Management
Chuck Norris never uses CHECK when he applies PTFs.