>Hey Dave
> I ordered both, and you are right in 4 hours I had my z/OS loaded and IPLed
> at least the initial IPL in test.  However
>
>I wanted to try z/OSMF and I actually like the dataset naming flexibility,
>much better than the dialogs and Alias's discovery.
>
>But all the background dataset checking that use to be done in the first
>SERVERPAC job, IE validate your configuration/Catalog setup, that is driving
>me insane.
>
>That and in my mind when I build a software instance, not everything that the
>SERVERPAC downloads is copied/used.
>
>IBM seems to force copying the CPAC and SMPE files, when I only want the SYS1
>datasets and OMVS.
>
>Lastly and there are many takes on this from SYSTEM Programmers, But I only
>ever have one DISTRIBUTION zone and it matches my 2-3 target zones/RES vol
>sets.
>
>This is because I always want to make sure no-one restores from the wrong
>DLIBS..  So I don’t ever copy these when I clone either.

Again,  I havent played with the zOSMF version yet, but it sounds like we do a
similar cloning process.   My SYSRES volumes are mod-54's and ONLY contain the
target datasets including OMVS with sysres volser as part of the dsn.   All the
SMPE, CPAC, junk I just dont need get installed on the DLIB volume.