From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Paul Gilmartin <0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu>
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2021 8:56 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Variable length records for SYSIN data sets

On Thu, 28 Oct 2021 22:49:49 +0000, Seymour J Metz wrote:

>What happens with
>
>    //INFILE   DD DISP=SHR,DSN=MY.VB.FILE
>    //         DD *,DCB=(RECFM=V,LRECL=204)
>
>and have you reported it as a bug, citing the text that you quoted?

I haven't RTFM today, but I believe it has long been a documented restriction.
I've readily used:
o An Edit macro which does EXECIO to a DDNAME allocated with RECFM=VB
o FTP with "QUOTE SITE FILE=JES"; "QUOTE SITE JESRECFM=V"
o IEBGENER witn //SYSUT2 DD SYSOUT=(B,INITRDR)
o  Etc.

Not a bug; WAD.  Merits an RFE.

RFE.

-- gil