I'm shocked that most ibm-mainers are not convinced by this paper :-)

More seriously, I would add a couple of points:

- Whether or not you like Python or think that it is weak tea compared to REXX,
you should support getting a good Python implementation on z/OS.    Our
favorite platform will be more attractive if it runs popular languages - and
Python is king these days.

- Python isn't perfect, but it is seriously nice.  This judgement is based on
the amazing software that I have seen written in it.  Try one example:  Meld is
a terrific FOSS visual diff / merge tool that is multi-platform and written in
Python.  Try it out and then look at the source code.  https://meldmerge.org/

- I agree that Python on z/OS could use some native libraries to do z/OS
interfaces like REXX.

Kirk Wolf
Dovetailed Technologies
http://dovetail.com