On 21/12/21 2:41 am, Seymour J Metz wrote:
Six languages doesn't strike me as a lot; I know more assemblers than that. My
position is that the CS curriculum should stress learning multiple, radically
different, langages rather than the language du jour.

I know a lot more languages than 6. That number is what I've been paid to code in. And I could care less about assembly languages as they are not portable and hard to maintain. Coding in assembly in 2021 is technical debt unless you absolutely have to.