"...you should support getting a good Python implementation on z/OS...."
"I agree that Python on z/OS could use some native libraries to do z/OS
interfaces like REXX."

YES... rather than making us type out JCL in bits and pieces within Python
code, and throwing in a hundred lines of YAML,
IBM should really build a good module system (import iebgener at the top will
automatically add good defaults and DD setup, etc.).

Point is, we don't always want to care about CYL,(50,5) and so on. Abstraction,
abstraction, abstraction.
A well-written Python program (things that are available via pip install
whatever I mean) blends in almost invisibly, only showing only parts of it that
need direct user interaction.

- KB