> I would like to ask one extension to this, if you please. I would like
> to be able to further screen the syslog by Jobname, but knowing that
> there could be multiple job numbers, I would need a way to capture
> those, too.

Billy,

It is quite simple.  The $HASP373 message contains the jobname and job
number which can be written to the output file quite easily.

> So in using this example, I would want to see HASM* messages, but only
> if they were in any job ABCDE123. If so, it would be great to see all
> the ABCDE123 messages, but I suspect that this is now a two-step job of
> some kind.

It can be done using JOINKEYS. in a single step.  Here is a sample job that
extracts a particular job which issued the message IEC988I

//STEP0100 EXEC PGM=SORT
//SYSOUT   DD SYSOUT=*
//INA      DD DISP=SHR,DSN=Your.Input.FBM.133.LRECL.SYSLOG
//INB      DD DISP=SHR,DSN=Same.Input.FBM.133.LRECL.SYSLOG
//SORTOUT  DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSIN    DD *
  OPTION COPY
  JOINKEYS F1=INA,FIELDS=(39,8,A)        $ Jobid
  JOINKEYS F2=INB,FIELDS=(39,8,A)        $ Jobid
  REFORMAT FIELDS=(F1:1,141)
  INCLUDE COND=(134,8,CH,EQ,C'ABCDE123')
  INREC BUILD=(1,133)
/*
//JNF1CNTL DD *
  INCLUDE COND=(58,8,CH,EQ,C'IEC988I')
  INREC PARSE=(%01=(ABSPOS=66,ENDBEFR=C',',FIXLEN=8)),
      OVERLAY=(134:%01)
/*
//JNF2CNTL DD *
  INCLUDE COND=(58,8,CH,EQ,C'$HASP373')
/*

if you need further help, please send me a sample input file and rules to
extract the data, and I will come up with a solution.

Thanks,
Kolusu