Von: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> Im Auftrag von
Jeremy Nicoll
Gesendet: Tuesday, January 04, 2022 19:15
An: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Betreff: Re: ... Re: Top 8 Reasons for using Python instead of REXX for z/OS

On Tue, 4 Jan 2022, at 13:13, Rony G. Flatscher wrote:
> On 03.01.2022 17:35, Bob Bridges wrote:

>> And I've never heard about ooREXX being available on z/OS.
>> How do you manage that?  Color me interested.

> Best to give you the links for the tutorial (using ooRexx on the
> mainframe to interface with DB2) written by Paul Dunkley:
>
>   * either:

<https://sourceforge.net/p/bsf4oorexx/mailman/search/?q=jdbc+tutorial&limit=
250>
>   * or directly:
>       o Part 1:
> <https://sourceforge.net/p/bsf4oorexx/mailman/message/35565829/>
>       o Part 2:
> <https://sourceforge.net/p/bsf4oorexx/mailman/message/35773359/>
>       o Part 3:
> <https://sourceforge.net/p/bsf4oorexx/mailman/message/35894589/>
>       o Part 4:
> <https://sourceforge.net/p/bsf4oorexx/mailman/message/35966208/>
>       o Part, Interim Note:
> <https://sourceforge.net/p/bsf4oorexx/mailman/message/36164161/>
>       o Part 5:
> <https://sourceforge.net/p/bsf4oorexx/mailman/message/36183882/>

Are you SURE that's for using ooREXX under z/OS?    Early on in the first
article it says

"The OS is SLES11 SP4 on IBM System z.  SLES11 runs in a z/VM virtual
machine."

Google tells me that "SLES11"  is SUSE Linux.

Presumably an ooREXX compiled under SUSE Linux gives one something with no
knowledge of, for example, z/OS file systems, let alone any of the
environments supported under TSO REXX.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.

to lists...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN