On Tue, 4 Jan 2022 19:18:09 +0000, Farley, Peter x23353  wrote:

>    ...  And of course full ADDRESS MVS/TSO/etc. support as well.

Why is TSO needed?  TSO-specific facillities such as:
o LISTDSI?
o TRANSMIT/RECEIVE

I've used the ADDRESS TSO  surrogate for some of this, even to run
non-interactive ISPF LM.  (PITA to allocate required data sets.)
<https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zos/2.1.0?topic=processing-tso-command-environment>

On Tue, 4 Jan 2022 19:29:27 +0000, Seymour J Metz   wrote:
>I would expect IBM to functionally stabilize EXECIO unless there is something
>that it does better than stream I/O.

How might stream I/O deal with RECFM=V binary files, particularly
containing '15'x among the data?

Many programmers insist on the superior performance of EXECIO *
over EXECIO 1 in a loop probably due to CALL/RETURN overhead.
linein() in a loop might suffer similarly.

ADDRESS SDSF API provides generated DD NAMEs for spool files.
I've used these overriding IEBGENER SYSUT1.  I could imagine
overriding SYSUT2 with a pipe which could be read by linein().
Spool access from available parts.

(Subject to port of ADDRESS SYSCALL and ADDRESS SDSF.)

-- gil