On 27/1/22 2:35 pm, ITschak Mugzach wrote:
memento Solarwind... David, I like your confidence.

What I am confident about is that if any vulnerability is discovered our infosec team will use BlackDuck to detect all of our products that need to be patched.

At Solarwind, twice the
size of Rocket, the toxic code was injected during the build process, by
someone(s) penetrated long before they started to interfere with code. BTW,
the Solarwind attack was based on a vendor code, not open source.

And how did the system get penetrated to inject the malicious code? Social engineering? What I find disconcerting is that nobody noticed malicous code in the code reviews and pull requests.

ITschak

ITschak Mugzach
*|** IronSphere Platform* *|* *Information Security Continuous Monitoring
for z/OS, x/Linux & IBM I **| z/VM coming soon  *