From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of Bob
Bridges [robhbrid...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2022 7:53 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: IBM (IBM Z) , Lenovo, HPE and Huawei Servers Rank as Most Secure
Platforms in ITIC Survey | TechChannel

Don't get me wrong: I do believe that IBM mainframes belong at the top of the
list for security capabilities.  But it occurs to me that if they determined
this by poll, then their results may be skewed by a) the belief, on the part of
mainframers like me, that IBM is best, and b) a reluctance on the part of some
corporations to report breaches even in polls that claim they're anonymous.

That said, I'm a little surprised that IBM had "fastest mean time to detection
(MTTD) from the onset of the attempted attack until the company isolated and
shut it down".  I know real-time reporting products are out there for
mainframes, but I had the impression they're not used much.

It's also interesting, given the size of the companies that use mainframes,
that they also report "The least amount of monetary losses due to a successful
security hack".  Although see item b) above again.

---

/* Believe me! The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest
enjoyment from life is to live dangerously!  -Friedrich Nietzsche */