From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of Joe
Monk [joemon...@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 24, 2022 11:20 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: IBM (IBM Z) , Lenovo, HPE and Huawei Servers Rank as Most Secure
Platforms in ITIC Survey | TechChannel

"Given that a healthy percentage of successful attacks involves insiders, there
is no way that z/OS is immune to breaches."

Umm, you may want to rethink that statement...

"Phishing and related attacks — such as smishing (phishing lures sent over
SMS messages) and business email compromise (phishing messages sent by
someone pretending to be a colleague or a supervisor) — was the most common
primary cause of data breaches in 2021. Ransomware was not too far behind,
and malware was the third most common cause of data breaches.At the current
growth rate, ransomware attacks will pass phishing as the No. 1 root cause
of data compromises in 2022, ITRC predicts."

https://secure-web.cisco.com/1DyGw4eF1jj1rbDoCTIDarRjOldIm2lOhO3Dc8sq7D-E5psG2m7eEt3YIIaUJqxAO3Rr38VtVKAkAnqigoJspbJ9kC6RcSFuH0EOnrjxpIGUGpB_nosBEw8k9xw8Z286GiKZrntKGQx1GIBgYt3w48fFljbWlwys9ProIRbUNuNlKBDGMVfE-1aUzIVqYWoudvwrrhoT0TD93C6i9lM0jo11SNBTqJYjDxDL7y7U7iSytRCab1T5xEXdqsSxRRgfl8TebDfqDOCJVFO7Wux-cBbfaiyZ4lvfq7UWdToZXh2yn-WyWHlb7CKwSsqAv_s_-NsqAMHKrfyTcUK3CbdcscTX6IvhNgNSSXDKlalwruJzGB9KIGRKX92dfWDjsl_R7Bb_l6qPbAYGuI4RiwyUG70w142bkQvEZV9DMMtQsKkHPtAGjDBmKjkpfIn-PIdy8V1qSO8UcJHXsGRZg-2bW3w/https%3A%2F%2Fwww.darkreading.com%2Fedge-threat-monitor%2Fmost-common-cause-of-data-breach-in-2021-phishing-smishing-bec

Last I checked, Outlook doesnt run on z/OS...

Joe