On 2/3/23 20:57, Jay Maynard wrote:
I haven't tried to write anything in Rexx, let alone a TCP server. I'd
probably be inclined to use Go for that, though.

JCL to Python:
https://medium.com/theropod/the-journey-from-jcl-to-python-so-easy-even-an-old-mainframer-can-do-it-f088cc49366a

Totally agree with you. JCL is what it is. The data set I/O classes are even more pathetic which is why I wrote https://github.com/daveyc/pyzfile

On Thu, Mar 2, 2023 at 6:54 AM David Crayford <dcrayf...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 2/3/23 20:43, Jay Maynard wrote:
"The mainframe needs to keep pace with the industry."

I certainly hope that whatever the industry is doing that gets adapted to
the mainframe does so much more cleanly than, say, Python...
Like what? Have you ever tried to write a TCP server in REXX?

The absolute abortion that is Python's idea of replacing JCL makes COBOL
look like APL.

I haven't seen that. Can you post a link?

On Thu, Mar 2, 2023 at 6:37 AM David Crayford <dcrayf...@gmail.com>