Agreed.
However my explanation is a little bit different.
I know ISPF, JCL, etc. However I also know GUI. It can be old fashioned Windows GUI, different OS/2 GUI, modern and less productive "current Windows" GUI, Linux GUI, etc. What I don't like is zOSMF setup and customization. It's horrible. RACF definitions and samples are prepared by people who don't know RACF. Yes, I mean it.

I have absolutely nothing against HMC GUI. I liked OS/2, I migrated to 2.x (Linux), then migrated to tree-style. No problem, because HMC GUI is *already prepared and working*.

The difference is I don't have to define ISPF environment to work. OK, I do some customizations, but it is really simple. I do not set up HMC or TKE interface.
But this is not the zOSMF case.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland