>I am assuming this is for z/OS 2.4.  At my current employer, I have the PTF
>applied.  I think that at my past employer, I ran into the same problem you
>did.  I never was able to resolve the error at the previous employer.
>
>The only difference between old employer and new employer, was the date of the
>receiving of cumulative maintenance.  Previous employer, date of receiving
>cumulative maintenance was third quarter 2021, current employer second quarter
>of 2022.

I have run into this a number of times for different ptfs, starting back in
z/OS 2.3. In the easy case I had the 'required' ptf (i.e. the ptf that was
giving me the instructions on how to do the setup) already received or received
in the same batch.

Despite using groupextent, that ptf's hold actions never showed up in the apply
check output. Because it was not installable, and hold actions are only shown
for installable ptfs. I had to go back to the smppts and browse the thing
manually to get at the install instructions. This always happened when both the
ptf and it's prereq were received at the same time. Provided IBM had bothered
to even provide a prereq ptf. I remember one DFHSM ptf in 2.3 that just didn't
have install instructions. I was lucky that that ptf was already in the 2.5
base when I got 2.5.
I also had a case where I was unable to find out what the install instructions
were. That ptf still hangs around in my 2.5 smppts. Since it's for a function
we don't use, I don't much care. Until it impacts something we need due to
coreqs.:-(

Best regards, Barbara