System Automation's "ProcOps" functionality can be used to monitor the
System Console (via HMC/SE connections), which allows for NIP messages to
be observed and managed.
ISQSEND and ISQCCMD are ProcOps commands to interact with remote systems
before or after a "local" automation environment is established or
terminated.
There are some steps to take to make ProcOps prove its full value that some
may be uncomfortable with, like NOT defining a NIPCON device in IODF to
default to using the SYSCON, but once done, the benefits are apparent.