From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Mike Shaw
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2023 11:15 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Is z/OS Name/Token pair retrieval supported from REXX?

Listers,

The answer to my question is probably "no" since the doc on IEANTRT is silent
on this topic.

I need to be able to check for the existence of a specific name/token pair from
a REXX exec, WITHOUT using an external function. The z/OS Authorized Assembler
Services reference implies that only Assembler is supported, and I have used
that interface to create/retrieve/delete name/token pairs, but I need to check
for the existence of a specific name/token pair from a REXX  exec.

...and I suppose it is a given that there is no (documented) anchored chain of
name/token pairs that I can run with the Rexx STORAGE function...

Mike Shaw
MVS/QuickRef Support Group
Chicago-Soft, Ltd.