On Tue, 21 Mar 2023 12:14:38 -0400, Mike Shaw  wrote:

>The answer to my question is probably "no" since the doc on IEANTRT is
>silent on this topic.

Grrr!  There's a strong argument for uniformity of interfaces.  I believe CMS
does bettrt
with "callable services library (CSL)
<https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zvm/7.2?topic=f-csl>.
I've never used it, but it appears relatively general, however cumbersome.

ICSF is a laudable exemplar: there's a REXX example in SAMPLIB using address
LINKMVS
with a subset of CALL macro facilities, passing no pointers to obtained storage
-- results are
returned in the argument variables.

>...and I suppose it is a given that there is no (documented) anchored chain
>of name/token pairs that I can run with the Rexx STORAGE function...

That's a challenge given N-T's idiosyncratic serialization relying on testing a
flag and
retrying if the chain was updated during a search.

--
gil