From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Paul Gilmartin
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2023 1:38 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: VBS file read in windows - end of record issue

On Mon, 15 May 2023 18:54:40 +0000, Prashant Joshi  wrote:
>For some files, when I transfer using IND$FILE (option 6) using Binary and
>CRLF option checked, I gets record properly. But it does not work for every
>file. And due to different file sizes, IND$FILE may not be option for me.

CRLF should be irrelevant for binary files.

>Need your help to find, what am I missing?

Allocate your data set overriding to RECFM=U.  Tne BDWs and SDWs should appear
ad data.

Transfer the file with a method that preserves those BDWs and SDWs.  (I don't
recommend
IND$FILE.)

Decode the SDWs and translate to UTF-8  with your Python.

I hate EBCDIC!

--
gil