Most businesses disagree with you and are spending billions to achieve.

https://www.accenture.com/us-en/services/ai-artificial-intelligence-index

Comparing 1973 to 2023 is like comparing a model T Ford to a space-X rocket.
Technological advances are coming faster & faster.

The phone in my hand has more computing power than the computer that put man on
the moon. By a large factor.

https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2022/11/08/fast-forward-comparing-1980s-supercomputer-to-modern-smartphone

I agree, it isn’t so much a new software development as it is massive storage,
incredible processing speed, & ability to put the results into a form the user
is requesting. But, there is some logic and machine learning involved. The next
decade will be amazing.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Wednesday, September 6, 2023, 7:31 PM, Leonard D Woren
<ibm-main...@ldworen.net> wrote:

Bill Johnson wrote on 9/6/2023 6:27 AM:
> [...]  AI is the future. [...]

FSV "future".  Who remembers the "Parry" program from the early
1970s?  At SAIL, later renamed to SU-AI.  Oh, if you weren't on the
ARPAnet circa 1973, you probably never saw Parry.  It was the first AI
program I knew about.  I don't remember which famous computer science
guy said this, but there haven't been and will never be any
"significant breakthroughs" in AI -- all progress will be slow and
incremental.  I say that recent apparent advances in AI are more due
to faster cheaper computers and storage, and now the Internet, than to
any new software tech.

/Leonard