I thought I had a cute idea, but trying it, there are 2 problems.
FTP xxxx
SITE FILETYPE=JES
200 SITE command was accepted
SITE LRECL=133
200 SITE command was accepted
PUT test.ds(member)
EXA1701I >>> SITE FIXrecfm 133 LRECL=133 RECFM=FBA BLKSIZE=32718
200 SITE command was accepted
EXA1701I >>> STOR test.ds(member)
125 Sending Job to JES internal reader FIXrecfm 80
250-It is known to JES as JOBnnnnn
250 Transfer completed (data was truncated)

I edit out some ftp messages regarding passive mode, etc.

Well, that's annoying.
1.  I can't figure out how to get an LRECL other than 80.
2.  Probably can't suppress the JOB statement.
But here's the trick to go directly to SYSOUT, if you're satisfied with LRECL=80 and the JOB statement printing:
//jobname JOB TYPRUN=COPY
[data to print]
[...]

TYPRUN=COPY is probably a holdover from punch cards, where you could duplicate a card deck that way.

/Leonard