On Sat, 23 Sep 2023 23:23:32 -0700, Leonard D Woren wrote:

>I thought I had a cute idea, but trying it, there are 2 problems.
>FTP xxxx
>SITE FILETYPE=JES
>200 SITE command was accepted
>SITE LRECL=133
>200 SITE command was accepted
>PUT test.ds(member)
>EXA1701I >>> SITE FIXrecfm 133 LRECL=133 RECFM=FBA BLKSIZE=32718
>200 SITE command was accepted
>EXA1701I >>> STOR test.ds(member)
>125 Sending Job to JES internal reader FIXrecfm 80
>250-It is known to JES as JOBnnnnn
>250 Transfer completed (data was truncated)
>
>I edit out some ftp messages regarding passive mode, etc.
>
>Well, that's annoying.
>1.  I can't figure out how to get an LRECL other than 80.

It *used*to* work with up nto 254.
Did IBM break it?
Are you sure of the syntax?  SITE never reports an error.

>2.  Probably can't suppress the JOB statement.

Make lemonade.  Make your payload SYSUT1 to an IEBGENER
step.  You can put all desired delivery attributes on
    //SYSUT2 DD SYSOUT

My empirical observations for instream data submitted via
FTP or INTRDR:

o If no record exceeds 80 bytes:
  RECFM=FB,LRECL=80
o Otherwise, if JES3 or all records are of equal length:
  RECFM=FB,LRECL=length of longest record
o Otherwise:
  RECFM=VB,LRECL=length of longest record

LRECL is allowed on instream data sets, but may not
have the intended effect with SYMBOLS=.

RECFM is not allowed on in stream data sets
.
--
gil