What I do is have the generalized routines (FRR, ESTAE, ARR) that gathers
diagnostics and potentially takes a dump. The recovery creator routine
optionally specifies a specific routine to follow up on the recovery for the
specific case - if none, percolate.

I also have an option that prints register areas (31bit both in home and
server and as 64bit in server)

I use the PSW to try to identify the module (usually SDWAEC1, but if SDWAEC2
is non-zro in task mode - seems like there was an issue with EC2 in SRB mode,
but I don't recall the issue) for the message.