On Sat, 30 Dec 2023 15:36:44 GMT "esst...@juno.com" <esst...@juno.com> wrote:

::>Can someone please clarify this statement regarding IEAMSCHD -
:
:>"To run an SRB routine in a different address space from the
:>scheduling code, the SRB routine must be either in a different
:>program that is accessible from the target address space, or
:>in the common storage together with the scheduling code."
:
:>The above was taken from Example 7 of IEAMSCHD -
:>https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zos/2.4.0?topic=ixg-ieamschd-schedule-srb
.
:>It makes no reference to the authorization of the target srb routine.

Well, the SRB runs in supervisor state. You, as the scheduler, are responsible
for integrity and not give control to arbitrary routines.
.
:>I would like to schedule an SRB using IEAMSCHD to a non-authorized
:>Address Space - I would prefer not to place the target SRB routine in common
storage.

What is a "non-authorized" address space?
.
:>I suspect its implied this is an integrity issue; as the target SRB Routine
:>would be loaded by the Non Authorized Address Space, AND the Target
:>SRB Routine is entered in supervisor state.

If you want to run code that should not be in supervisor state, have the SRB
create an IRB. The IRB will not run supervisor state unless you request it.

http://www.dissensoftware.com