From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
esst...@juno.com <esst...@juno.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 30, 2023 10:36 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Question about  IEAMSCHD

.
Hello
.
Can someone please clarify this statement regarding IEAMSCHD -
.
"To run an SRB routine in a different address space from the
scheduling code, the SRB routine must be either in a different
program that is accessible from the target address space, or
in the common storage together with the scheduling code."
.
The above was taken from Example 7 of IEAMSCHD -
https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zos/2.4.0?topic=ixg-ieamschd-schedule-srb
.
It makes no reference to the authorization of the target srb routine.
.
I would like to schedule an SRB using IEAMSCHD to a non-authorized
Address Space - I would prefer not to place the target SRB routine in common
storage.
.
I suspect its implied this is an integrity issue; as the target SRB Routine
would be loaded by the Non Authorized Address Space, AND the Target
SRB Routine is entered in supervisor state.
.
.
.
paul  dangelo