On Sun, 7 Jan 2024 23:42:41 +0000, Seymour J Metz wrote:

>Long ago (in OS/390?) IBM introduced a bunch of keywords equivalent to
>subparameters of DCB, e.g., LRECL= is equivalent to DCB=LRECL=. I believe that
>LIKE= was part of that.

Did LIKE add any expressive power that DCB lacks?

I believe neither DCB nor LIKE can be used in nor refer to DD PATH=

The alternative might be to use JCL symbols for common attribute strings.

Combining brevity and mnemonic value:
    Q = "'"
    QQ = '"'

Don't forget to mention them in PROCEDURE EXPOSE.
SIGNAL ON NOVALUE would remind you, if you chose to use it.

--
gil