On Tue, 23 Jan 2024 13:11:27 -0600, Bill Yeager <bill.yea...@alebra.com> wrote:

> I get “Control block is truncated”

TSO PROFILE MSGID will turn on message ID. You can then look up the message to
find the causes and solutions for this message. You can TSO PROFILE NOMSGID to
eliminate message ids from TSO. I personally leave it on because message id's
can be useful.

Use IP LIST xxx LEN(##) to display the area and verify the full area actually
exists. Verify the acronym matches and (I think) it has trailing blanks instead
of X'00'. Look at the fields with formatting and ensure they are compatible
with the formatting.

If the problem is not something obvious, then include the definition and
storage here so that we aren't guessing.