An assembler program could issue the RDJFCB macro against a DCB with the
appropriate DD name in it to perform the checking.
Wayne Driscoll
Note - All opinions are strictly my own

On Mon, Mar 25, 2024 at 10:46 AM Cameron Conacher <
000003cfc59146bb-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

> Hello.
> Back again.
> Previously I had inquired about retrieving RACF details from the MVS
> control Blocks at runtime.
> Name I would like to retrieve the Fully Qualified Data set name for a
> specific DD (SYSOUT).
>
> Why? Well I would like my COBOL program to allow COBOL Displays in
> Production ONLY when the User specified a FQDN.
> If the JOB has SYSOUT DD *, then I will skip the COBOL displays to prevent
> filling the SPOOL.
> But in emergency, support could override SYSOUT=* with
> SYSOUT=mydatasetName and my program will be able to determine we can honour
> the DISPLAYs.
>
> Yeah, maybe this is a make work project?
> Maybe the pain killers working over time?
>
> Thanks
>

> Cameron Conacher
> Senior Engineer
>
> American Express Canada Inc.
> GCICS
> 2225 Sheppard Avenue East, Toronto, ON  M2J 5C2
>
> cameron.conac...@aexp.com<mailto:cameron.conac...@aexp.com>
> Office: 1-437-836-5265
> Mobile: 1-416-409-5147
>
> https://amex.webex.com/join/cameron.conacher
>
> Note I will be OOO on PTO March 23 throough March 31 2024 inclusive.
>

> ________________________________
> American Express made the following annotations
> ________________________________
> This e-mail was sent to you by a representative of Amex Bank of Canada,
> P.O. Box 3204, Station "F", Toronto, ON, M1W 3W7, www.americanexpress.ca.
> If you no longer wish to receive these e-mails, please notify the sender by
> reply e-mail.
>
> This e-mail is solely for the intended recipient and may contain
> confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended
> recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information
> included in this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in
> error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and immediately and
> permanently delete this e-mail and any attachments. Thank you.
>
> American Express a fait les remarques suivantes
> Ce courriel vous a ?t? envoy? par un repr?sentant de la Banque Amex du
> Canada, C.P. 3204, succursale F, Toronto (Ontario) M1W 3W7,
> www.americanexpress.ca. Si, par la suite, vous ne souhaitez plus recevoir
> ces courriels, veuillez en aviser les exp?diteurs par courriel.
>
> Ce courriel est r?serv? au seul destinataire indiqu? et peut renfermer des
> renseignements confidentiels et privil?gi?s. Si vous n'?tes pas le
> destinataire pr?vu, toute divulgation, duplication, utilisation ou
> distribution du courriel est interdite. Si vous avez re?u ce courriel par
> erreur, veuillez en aviser l'exp?diteur par courriel et d?truire
> imm?diatement le courriel et toute pi?ce jointe. Merci.

Wayne Driscoll
Software Engineer | Mainframe Software Division
Broadcom Software

*Office: *630-300-1931* Mobile:* 630-247-1632
wayne.drisc...@broadcom.com

--
This electronic communication and the information and any files transmitted
with it, or attached to it, are confidential and are intended solely for