>> I did not really need the FQDSN. All I needed to know was whether or not
>> SYSOUT was assign to SPOOL.

Cameroon,

Does this code handle Dynamically allocated Sysout dataset and XTIOT  entries
(i.e NON_VSAM_XTIOT=YES is set in SMS?

Also, I was wondering what is the need to traverse the entire TIOT when all you
are interested in a single ddname SYSOUT?

BPXWDYN2 returns a variable named INRTTYP which is the " Requests the data set
type. One of the following strings is returned: blanks, DUMMY, TERM, SYSIN,
SYSOUT, or two hexadecimal digits as returned from SVC99."

Thanks,
Kolusu