From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Paul Feller
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2024 11:59 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: How can I determine MVS FQDSN from DD Name in Batch COBOL Program?

I'm going to suggest something a little different. Let me say that I'm not
against what Cameron is trying to do. I've done the run the control block thing
and I've done the RDJFCB thing. In the original email the statement was made.
"But in

I'm going to suggest something a little different.  Let me say that I'm not

against what Cameron is trying to do.  I've done the run the control block

thing and I've done the RDJFCB thing.

In the original email the statement was made.

"But in emergency, support could override SYSOUT=* with SYSOUT=mydatasetName

and my program will be able to determine we can honour the DISPLAYs."

I'm assuming that the override would be some type of JCL change.  Well what

about just adding a parm to the JCL that is used to indicate to do the

display or not to do the display.  Keep the SYSOUT as a FQDN, maybe a GDG

that only has two or three versions.

So now the COBOL code checks the parm to indicate how to handle the display

stuff.

Just a little different way of looking at things.

Paul