From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Jousma, David
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2024 1:13 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Anyone exploiting ZEDC?

Peter,

Interesting.   IBM says VSAM does NOT exploit ZEDC.   VSAM can be compressed,
but it must all be done on CP, which would be expensive.    Within a VSAM
LINEAR dataset used as ZFS, ZFS will engage ZEDC.

Dave Jousma

Vice President | Director, Technology Engineering

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List
<IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU<mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>> on behalf of
Farley, Peter
<0000031df298a9da-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu<mailto:0000031df298a9da-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu>>