I didn't see where Lynn mentioned VSAM development, but several Future
Systems posts leading to
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_Future_Systems_project , where it
became S38, AS/400, IBM i.

https://www.garlic.com/~lynn/index.html#archpost is his posts.

On Fri, May 24, 2024 at 7:36 PM rpinion865
<0000042a019916dd-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

> What you described about VSAM is what I heard too, a replacement of the then
> dominant access methods.
>
> Sent from Proton Mail Android

Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA