From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Peter Relson
Sent: Wednesday, July 3, 2024 12:24 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: What's at a comma?

The code is checking 7 bytes at location x'6B' through x'71'.

As of z/OS 2.5 that area is all zeroes.
Prior to z/OS 2.5 for any z/Architecture IPL it is not. The same is true for
location 0 and others.
Since none of them are programming interfaces (such that changing the value is
not something we would feel a need to disclose), I doubt that anyone at IBM
would try to list them for you. But if you have access to both a release before
2.5 and a release 2.5 or later, you could probably figure it out with not much
difficulty.

Someone asked about "IPL PSW". These 7 bytes have nothing to do with any IPL
PSW. And the PSW's used for IPL are not preserved in low storage for later
viewing.

Assembly option FLAG(PAGE0) would have alerted you to the error:
** ASMA309W Operand 0(R7) resolved to a displacement with no base register
** ASMA309W Operand COMMA resolved to a displacement with no base register

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design