Michael Schmitt wrote:
>I wonder if HLASM 1.2 had that FLAG parm, back when the
>problem program was last assembled in 1999.

Evidently it did not. Here's the HLASM 1.2 Programmer's Guide:

https://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/epubs/pdf/asmp1001.pdf

FLAG is described on page 43. FLAG(PAGE0) is not listed.

However, HLASM 1.3 had FLAG(PAGE0) per page 49 in its manual:

https://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/epubs/pdf/asmp1002.pdf

Also, page xxi in the "Summary of Changes" section lists the then-new
FLAG(PAGE0) feature.

What a difference one HLASM release could've made, to help avoid a programming
error discovered 25 years later. HLASM 1.2 shipped with OS/390 V2R6, and HLASM
1.3, with OS/390 V2R7. OS/390 V2R6 was released on September 25, 1998. OS/390
V2R7 was released on March 26, 1999. So close!

?????
Timothy Sipples
Senior Architect
Digital Assets, Industry Solutions, and Cybersecurity
IBM Z/LinuxONE, Asia-Pacific
sipp...@sg.ibm.com