From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Colin Paice
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2024 1:06 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: another z/OSMF rant. -- Catch-22 is killing me

Going back about 20 years...
I thought ISPF dialog manager and customising was great.
Someone used it to produce a terrible tool.   You had to enter a lot of
data (which it could have queried for).  Having used it once, you could not
change the configuration.  The end user comments were like "ISPF customising is
rubbish" meaning the stuff behind ISPF was rubbish.
I've also seen some excellent ISPF tools for customising which were really
slick.
Used properly z/OSMF could be very useful.
If you use z/OSMF to create AT-TLS definitions - it does not query what you
already have - you have to enter it all from scratch!  This is not z/OSMF's
fault.
Colin