I was able to look up the error with bpxmtext

bpxmtext EF096055
zFS Fri May  4 09:23:08 EDT 2012

Action: Ensure that the zFS file system named on the MOUNT command has the
same name as the VSAM Linear Data Set (and the HFS compatibility mode
aggregate) that contains the file system.

Regards,

Neil Haley
nha...@ca.ibm.com
Storage & Software Mainframe Support
http://www.ibm.com/systems/z/ | http://www.about.me/NeilHaley

From:   "nitz-...@gmx.net" <nitz-...@gmx.net>
To:     IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu,
Date:   05/27/2013 09:28
Subject:        Unable to mount ZFS
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu>

Data set MVSR.RDZ.V85.ZFS is located on volume SMS001 and cataloged in a
user catalog (where all MVSR data sets are catalogued). Now I try to mount
the thing at mountpoint /rdz85. ishell gives me rc EF096055 (which tells me
exactly nothing), and when I check in hardcopy log, I find this:

ICH408I USER(OMVSUS2 ) GROUP(SYS1    ) NAME(####################)
  MVSR.RDZ.V85.ZFS CL(DATASET ) VOL(ZDSYS1)
  INSUFFICIENT ACCESS AUTHORITY
  FROM MVSR.RDZ.V85.** (G)
  ACCESS INTENT(READ   )  ACCESS ALLOWED(NONE   )

2 things spring to mind immediately:
1. Why is the mount via ishell looking for this ZFS on the wrong volume?
2. OMVS address space is started with userid OMVSUS1 (which is trusted and
is set as superuser in bpxprm). Why is this mount command using OMVSUS2?
(Of course, OMVSUS2 is NOT trusted, so there would be a RACF error.)

I just copied the data set(s) via adrdssu/terse/ftp/unterse/adrdssu from
another ADCD z/OS 1.13 system, where the thing also resided on an
SMS-managed volume. The RACF setup on both systems should be identical.
Switching *this* system to SMS is fairly recent, and as far as allocations
go, everything is located where I want it to be located. The 'old' system
obviously has a differing SMS setup.

I have allocated (via ishell) ZFS SYS1.TESTZFS and put it on
non-sms-managed volume USER00. When I try to mount *that*, I get
BPXF903I THE ATTRIBUTE RETRIEVAL CALL (IGWASMS) FOR FILE SYSTEM
sys1.testzfs FAILED.
RC = 00000008, RS = 00000008, DIAG = 0000000000000000
IOEZ00048I Detaching aggregate SYS1.TESTZFS

RC8 rsn8 for IGWASMS is described as
An invalid dsname of blanks or invalid share_attr_array_length was
specified. Correct the argument and retry the request.
Which also deosn't really tell me anything. No new ptfs in this area found,
either.

Does anyone have an idea what I did wrong? Or how to get OMVS to look in
the right place for the ZFS?

Thanks in advance, Barbara