>> It's the zFS started task that needs TRUSTED or OPERATIONS attribute
or ALTER authority.
>Thanks for that link. It clearly states that ALTER is needed for the
userid that runs ZFS (yes, OMVSUS2 is assigned to ZFS).

>It is also clearly not the whole truth. On my originating system,
OMVSUS2 can mount all ZFSs just fine, and it does NOT have ALTER access
to any of them; it doesn't even appear in the access list at all. This
system is set up the same way, and it doesn't work here.

Barbara, I know you're not z/OS UNIX's biggest fan, however, this time
the problem is related to the authorization to perform an "MVS OPEN"
against an MVS data set. UNIX is only inside the data set.
RACF allows the OPEN on your originating system. I trust there must be a
difference in the setup not related to z/OS UNIX.

On your originating system (I guesss you already verified):
- Does profile MVSR.RDZ.V85.** have UACC(none) or something else?
- Is OMVSUSR2 defined TRUSTED(NO) and PRIVILEGED(NO)?
- There is no SCHEDxx entry for BPXVCLNY?
- Nothing else that would allow an MVS OPEN is defined?

--
Peter Hunkeler