On 6/1/2013 9:36 AM, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
Can't all that be forged, perhaps by a programmer who feels the need
to make a last-minute tweak and feels unfairly burdened by the process?
Isn't that what "change these to be the same" amounts to?  Perhaps
harder with program objects, for which the data definition is secret.

While the eye catcher can be spoofed, IBM compilers and the linker/binder create records with date amd time stamps. To access you need to be able to display an object deck END or load module IDR records in hex; off-hand I don't recall one on the cbt, but thirty or so years ago I wrote a utility that compares SPF (and Wylbur) dates for source to the object and load dates, and flags discrepancies.

Gerhard Postpischil
Bradford, Vermont