Hi to you all, wise gal and guys,

THANK YOU SINCERELY for all your valuable réactions!

I think the overall conclusion might (!) be:
the techies seem  rather to be PRO-recompile,  while the more development
oriented people  CONTRA-recompile and hence PRO-copying, and this certainly
between ACCEPTANCE and PRODUCTION !

I am a techie, and hence rather PRO-re-compile, while I adore technical
beauties, much more than the application solution.
But these wise considerations about regression testing and its managing
burden when re-compiling lead to my final conclusion:

A chacun son métier !.

"Every man to his own trade!"   (does this sound english enough ?    ;-)
  )

We can't be good at everything

Cheers to you all.

Jan