From: "Jan Vanbrabant" <vanbrabant...@gmail.com>
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Sent: Monday, June 3, 2013 6:27:47 AM
Subject: Re: To recompile or not recompile, that's the question

Hi John,  Peter,

*>> Re.  I am also suspicious of Jan Vanbrabant's esclusion of homologation
from this discussion.  The word is derived from the ancient Greek verb
homologein, to approve, which becomes homologare, to agree, in fairly late
Latin.  (It has a special meaning in Scots law, where it is used to
characterize a process of removing minor defects from contracts, the
remediated versions of which are then given the force of law.)*

*> Re.   As for Jan Vanbrabant's stage names, HOMOLOGATION easily
translates to "(Internal or Product) Quality Assurance" and ACCEPTANCE to
"Client Test".  My organization uses both, though not in disparate
technical or physical environments, and always without recompilation.*
This is exactly what it means, Peter !

Jan