In that context you are clearly right.  My comments were generic.  I
should also perhaps have mentioned the C arithmetic-to- true|false
convention, an instance of which is apparently what we are dealing
with here.

The design decision to use this scheme is a very poor one because it
is radically uninformative.  It may well be possible for someone to
improve his chess by being told just the outcomes, win or lose, of his
matches; but his progress will be slow indeed.

John Gilmore, Ashland, MA 01721 - USA