From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of John Gilmore
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 3:17 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: DataPower XML Appliance and RACF

In that context you are clearly right.  My comments were generic.  I should
also perhaps have mentioned the C arithmetic-to- true|false convention, an
instance of which is apparently what we are dealing with here.

The design decision to use this scheme is a very poor one because it is
radically uninformative.  It may well be possible for someone to improve his
chess by being told just the outcomes, win or lose, of his matches; but his
progress will be slow indeed.