On Tue, 18 Jun 2013 16:45:09 -0700, Charles Mills wrote:

>... So it would not necessarily be in great a position to steal customer data
>itself, but if we were malicious, and conspired with a rogue employee, we
>could perhaps jointly steal valuable data.
>
>..., nor how to defeat our "keys." ...

"'keys'" sounds a lot like "backdoor" or "'magic' SVC".  I.e.
anything which if a customer's rogue employee knew it could
be used to compromise system security.

Imagine, very hypothetically, that you had no concerns for
your IP.  Then not letting the entire world see all your
source code would amount to "security by obscurity".

-- gil