From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Paul Gilmartin
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2013 11:10 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Auditing vendor source code

On Tue, 18 Jun 2013 16:45:09 -0700, Charles Mills wrote:

>... So it would not necessarily be in great a position to steal
>customer data itself, but if we were malicious, and conspired with a
>rogue employee, we could perhaps jointly steal valuable data.
>
>..., nor how to defeat our "keys." ...

"'keys'" sounds a lot like "backdoor" or "'magic' SVC".  I.e.
anything which if a customer's rogue employee knew it could be used to
compromise system security.

Imagine, very hypothetically, that you had no concerns for your IP.  Then not
letting the entire world see all your source code would amount to "security by
obscurity".