This is an interesting dilemma. FWIW, in almost 30 years as a vendor, I've
never had anyone ask to see source code for security reasons. That doesn't mean
it won't happen tomorrow, of course.

I suspect that the general attitude is a synthesis of the comments here:

-          Vendors are assumed to have competent people (yeah, yeah, let's not
go there!)

-          Customers don't necessarily think they would be able to grok in
fullness and spot any weaknesses

-          Customers are used to not seeing source code (and yes, that's a
whole 'nother discussion)

-          Customers auditing it could shift some of the responsibility to them

Basically, while a lot of techies have probably thought of asking to do so,
they or their management have seen it as a rat-hole down which they dare not
go. Again, this is my guess based on *MY* experience, YMMV etc.

...phsiii