I should have mentioned that GIMZIP is really only for transport to another
z/OS system, not to anything else. I don't know about the ubiquity of Java
on z/OS or the familiarity (or lack thereof) with the jar command. I can't
judge based on my shop because we are firmly set in a 1980s (or earlier)
mind set. Even the Windows people seem to be "non current" to a great
extent.

--
This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System. If this had been an
actual emergency, do you really think we'd stick around to tell you?

Maranatha! <><
John McKown