The ZipDatasets sample code is an example of using java.util.zip along with
(many of) the JZOS dataset APIs.

For accessing DDs, you would typically run it under the JZOS batch launcher
which handles running java in the original address space.

Source code is included, so you are welcome to adapt it to your needs.

Kirk Wolf
Dovetailed Technologies
http://dovetail.com