On Tue, 25 Jun 2013 20:28:50 GMT, esst...@juno.com wrote:

>I worked on something very similiar to this.
>Let me first say I hate those who tried to use a called moduled from both CICS
>and Batch. Now having said that, Have You considered making the Assembler
>Subroutine part of a Task Related User Exit in CICS. You would have two
>different entry points and still keep the Assembler Routine intact.

Many decades ago, I had an associate, fresh out of graduate school at Yale,
where he had enjoyed the privilege of using an IBM computer with 2,000K
of main memory!  Among its merits that he extolled was an operating system
with programming conventions that provided a fully uniform interface to any
program or subroutine.  (I later learned of the CALL macro and associated
conventions, of which I assume he was speaking.)

What went wrong?

-- gil