We can barely comprehend the difference between AMODE(24) and AMODE(31).
Nobody is worrying about AMODE(64). But I will go with what another replier
said: "If you use it, you must restore it". The caller has a right to
expect all the registers to come back after the CALL with the same contents
that they had before the call. With the exception of R0, R1, R14, and R15.
I guess I could put bits 32..64 into bits 0..31 of, say, R0.

Good idea. Thanks.

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 7:38 AM, Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.) <
shmuel+...@patriot.net> wrote:

> In
> <caajsdjj1mguxrkr_mpko7nybvyuc_vhs+8a971mlpenrjbw...@mail.gmail.com>,
> on 06/26/2013
>    at 07:02 AM, John McKown <john.archie.mck...@gmail.com> said:
>
> >Thanks to all. I have done an initial rewrite. I chose to simply not
> >set up a new save area. Due to lack of registers to store R13, I
> >cannot save R13 in another register and zero it.
>
> Are you running AMODE64? If not, save R13 in the high part of another
> register, then zero it.
>
> --
>      Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz, SysProg and JOAT
>      Atid/2        <http://patriot.net/~shmuel>
> We don't care. We don't have to care, we're Congress.
> (S877: The Shut up and Eat Your spam act of 2003)

This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System. If this had been an
actual emergency, do you really think we'd stick around to tell you?

Maranatha! <><
John McKown