A group is concerned that we have a single RACF database and there is no
'test' RACF database where the organization can implement 'test' rulesets.
 We have two sysplexes - a systems sandbox with no applications and a
mixed development/production sysplex where all the applications reside.
The only way I see this happening is if non-production partitions refer to
one RACF database and the production partitions refer to the other.
However, there is no binary separation of production and non-production
work, and all resources (datasets etc.) are accessible from every
partition.

Intuitively I think their idea is not good practice, to say the very
least.   Does anybody know of IBM documentation that can allow me to back
up my assertion that they are proposing a mistake?

Thomas Ambros
Operating Systems and Connectivity Engineering
518-436-6433

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It
is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing
or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error,
please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety,
whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic
personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the
Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose
such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which
you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114
If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from
Key
send an e-mail to mailto:dnereque...@key.com with 'No Promotional E-mails' in
the
SUBJECT line.